Purpose of Role/Scope of Position:
The Project Engineer will work as part of the in-house mechanical design team under the supervision of the Principal Engineer to produce proposals, plan, manage and deliver design projects on time and to budget in line with customer requirements.
The post holder will be responsible for design engineers and their output. In addition, they may be asked to supervise trainees, placements and lower skilled personnel. This may include the provision of guidance, basic training and communicating best practice.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Planning and scheduling of resources to meet customer deliverables and expectations.
- Working to agreed project timescales and budget.
- Leading Client/Contractor/Customer meetings.
- Checking and approval of customer deliverables.
- Producing engineering project proposals and quotations.
- Use CAD software to create models, designs and drawings of products.
- Assistance with promotion and development of ISO 9001.
- Organising and maintaining engineering records.
- Ensure compliance with applicable industry and business standards.
- Adopting the company strategies.
Management responsibilities to include:
- Scheduling of resources.
- Assistance with administration systems.
- Assistance with recruitment and selection of engineers.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the management team.
- Masters or Bachelor level degree in a mechanical engineering related discipline.
- Ideally Professionally Registered Engineer (IEng or CEng) or working towards registration.
- Minimum of 8 years of mechanical engineering experience, ideally over a range of industries.
- Experienced in mechanical engineering design.
- Ideally 5 years managerial and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrable project cost control and program management track record.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel).
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritise and plan workload to achieve customer deliveries.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Being analytical, amicable and responsible.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and self-motivated to work alone.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- The post holder must to the best of their knowledge and experience carry out work in such a manner so not to endanger their own health and safety, that of their colleagues, the company’s clients, the general public, our suppliers or the environment.
- Engage in training, development and education in order to keep skills and knowledge current and to strive for continual improvement.
- This job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There shall be a requirement to carry out other duties which the Company believes are within your capability